Monday 15 February 2010

Two new interviews with Esai Morales

Esai Morales has done a Q & A with Uinterview and also talked to TV Guide. The TV Guide video includes a brief clip with him and Sasha Roiz from an upcoming episode.




Q: Eric Stoltz, who stars on Caprica with you, when he had first received the script for the show, had it stolen out of his hotel room and that was when he really realized how fanatical the fans of the Battlestar series are. When did it dawn on you how fanatical people are about this franchise? - Erik
A: Well, it’s interesting because I’d heard about it. When I mentioned that there was a prequel to Battlestar – a quarter to half the people I told, their ears were perked up. 'That’s a big show, you know.' And I thought, especially, when we went to [the comic convention] Comic Con, we were one of the biggest halls there with like 5,000 people, and it was filled up for the presentation of Caprica. The attention put on it was pretty heavy.
Q: Were you a fan of Galactica? - Erik
A: I wasn’t aware of it no, but I knew about the 70’s show. And then I asked if I should go out and study it, and they said, “No, no, no, it’s not necessary.” Subsequently, I’ve become much more familiar with it. But if you give me too much information, it loses its mystery.
Q: Did you prepare for the role in a certain way to try to get into the character? - Erik
A: Every role you do you approach in your own way and different roles require different preparation. What I realized about this is that the show’s very analogous to our lifestyle here, so I didn’t have to go out and study life in other worlds as much as it’s home as far as the arc is concerned. So emotionally every character I play, I’m doing parts of myself. Which parts precisely depend on the requirements of the role. I don’t really know how to answer that without giving too much away. Keep reading

No comments: