Wednesday 3 February 2010

Interview with Eric Stoltz (TCA press tour)

IESB.net posted an interview with Eric Stoltz from the TCA Winter Press Tour. You can read the complete article here. Mild spoilers ahead.

Q: What drew you to this project?

Eric: To be honest, I was not looking to do a series at all. I started directing more this year. But, the script was very rich and complex, and 90% better than the scripts I read, so I thought I'd meet with the creators. They seemed to have a great deal of integrity and, despite the fact that it's a little show without a lot of money, we're all deeply invested in the stories and the characters. It's kind of wonderful

Q: What do you like and what can you relate to about this character?

Eric: Not much. He's really a morally ambiguous, difficult man. He puts his entire soul into his work, so his personal relationships suffer, like so many men, and probably like myself.

Q: How aware were you of Battlestar Galactica?

Eric: Not that much, to be honest. I don't watch a lot of television or go to the movies a great deal. When you're working 16- or 17-hour days, you're not gonna go home and watch 50 hours of programming.

Q: What can viewers look forward to this season?

Eric: All kinds of stuff happens. Some people get killed that you don't expect. There's some death. And there's some sex. We go to another planet, in my episode. We take Polly Walker's character to Gemenon and reveal Gemenon for the first time.

Q: How has it been to move to Vancouver to work on it?

Eric: It's quite wonderful. It's a really fresh and clean place to live. The community is lovely and friendly, and the healthcare seems to work.

Q: And, you're directing an episode?

Eric: I just turned in my cut a few weeks ago. It's Episode 10. It opens up the second half of our season.

No comments: