Thursday 4 August 2011

New interviews: Esai Morales, Sasha Roiz, Bear McCreary, Scott Porter, James Marsters, Drew Z. Greenberg

A bunch of new interviews showed up over the last couple of days, so a regular round of updates will have to wait until tomorrow.

Before I get to the interviews, a reminder that Gun Hill Road with Esai Morales and Rise of the Planet of the Apes with Leah Gibson, James Pizzinato, Panou, Luc Roderique, Camille Atebe and Mike Dopud, both hit theatres tomorrow.

Esai Morales will be at the AMC Bay Plaza in the Bronx this Friday & Saturday signing posters. For a video invitation, go to Gun Hill Road's FB page.

Also -- last minute notice -- you can catch Patton Oswalt in a new episode of Jon Benjamin Has a Van tonight at 10:30 on Comedy Central. Synopsis:
Jon talks to a Broadway producer (Patton Oswalt) about his newest success, but finds that the JBHV van has been towed out of Times Square. He also hits the streets of New York City with a friend (David Cross) on a mission to dispel stereotypes.
All right, the interviews.

Let's start with Drew Z. Greenberg. He talked to ScienceFiction.com about his work on Warehouse 13, Buffy, Smallville, The Clone Wars and several other shows. Here are a couple of snippets, about Caprica and his upcoming projects:
SF: As Supervising Producer on Caprica, how did you feel about the cancellation? Do you feel like it could have gone longer if the numbers allowed?
Drew: I came in to work on CAPRICA and write one episode during my first hiatus from WAREHOUSE 13, and my main motivation was to hang out with my friend Jane, who was running the show. However, running a close second, I was also a diehard BATTLESTAR GALACTICA fan, so I was delighted at the opportunity to be a part of a franchise I’d loved so much, and getting to work with Ron Moore, someone who’d been a hero of mine from way back in his STAR TREK days, was an opportunity I couldn’t resist. I’m so glad I got to participate in my own small way for the time I did. When the announcement about CAPRICA’s end was made, I’d already been called back to WAREHOUSE 13’s next season. But I still wish CAPRICA hadn’t been canceled. I definitely think there was a story to be told there and, as a fan, I would have loved to have seen what came next. (...)

SF: I know that Warehouse 13 is keeping you busy these days, but are there any other projects in the works and if so are you able to share with your fans?
Drew: There are other projects in the works, and I am looking forward to the day I can talk about them. One has already been announced: Jane Espenson and I are developing an update of the classic ghost series RANDALL AND HOPKIRK (DECEASED) for Syfy, and we’re having such fun working together. I hope to be able to talk about this project and some others in greater detail soon. Heck, I’m even afraid to talk about the ingredients in the rosemary olive bread just in case I’m supposed to be keeping those details under wraps, too.

A new video interview with Esai Morales showed up on YouTube. It's in Spanish, but not that hard to understand:



He did another interview for Being Latino which hasn't been posted, but there is a preview on Facebook.

Here is an excellent new interview with Bear McCreary, done at the Ubeda Film Music Festival the other week:



James Marsters talked to L.A. Weekly about his band's new album. Snippet:
Also featured on the album are several songs that stem from Marsters' work as an actor. "Alone," an a capella number with a country twang, is inspired by the SyFy movie High Plains Invaders. "Moonshot" is based on his experience playing Buzz Aldrin in the TV movie Moon Shot. During the filming, Marsters had to wear a "skintight" helmet, sometimes without much of an oxygen supply.

"I would literally see stars and my skin would start to prickle," he says. "I discovered that I have a phobia of smothering. I didn't realize I had any great fears before, but I do now."

He says that song was about "wishing that my then-girlfriend, now wife, was there to hold my hand."

Scott Porter was promoting the X-Men video game at Comic-Con:



And not one, but three new interviews with Sasha Roiz showed up in recent days. The first one, from the TCAs, is at EW.com, and the other two, with Reggie Lee, are from Comic-Con:



No comments: