Sunday 28 March 2010

Cast interviews: Sasha Roiz, Richard Harmon, Magda Apanowicz, Alessandra Torresani, Esai Morales

A bunch of new interviews with the cast showed up over the weekend. For complete articles, follow the links below.

And if you haven't read Bear McCreary's latest entry or heard this week's podcast (with David Eick, Michael Taylor, Magda Apanowicz, Paula Malcomson and Tom Lieber), make sure you do. Lots of fun facts about the finale.


Out.com has a new interview with Sasha Roiz.

You've already shot the entire season. What can we expect from the second half?
I can't talk about it to a great capacity, but you'll see that the stories are more intertwined. The storylines and various characters aren't so divided -- they really tie in and connect with one another. There will definitely be a major storyline involving the Adamas and the Greystones. It will be very unique. (...)

Have you experienced any fandom yet?
New York was the first real taste of that, and it was really exciting. It was a whole other level of fandom. They're not just fans of you being on television -- they're fans of the show, so they want to know everything having to do with the show. They are so invested in it. It's just phenomenal. I loved the questions. I loved their investment -- it's really something else.

Was it your choice or the writers' choice to have you shirtless many times throughout the show?
It was definitely not my choice! I think there were some notes coming in from the top saying, "You know, he doesn't look so bad. Why don't we make him shirtless as well?" It was scripted that way, but the tattoos cost a fortune. Less is more -- so you show it a couple times, and then you have to be very selective about when you show it again.

One final question: I feel Sam is one of the best representations of gays on television right now, and I was wondering how you felt to be part of television history to a certain degree.
It is a true pleasure and really an honor to represent a gay demographic. Not only is Sam interesting in and of himself, away from his sexuality, but it's ironic that his relationship is one of the only stable relationships on the show. It's just been so well received, and the gay community has been so incredibly supportive. It's very rare for an actor to play a role where you affect people on a personal level, not just for entertainment. I've had a lot of people tell me that, and it's really touching, and it's a wonderful responsibility to carry. It's been great, a great experience. -- Out.com

The Caprica Times talked to Richard Harmon.

The Caprica Times: Was there a romantic connection between Tamara Adama and Heracles?

Richard Harmon: Yes, from my perspective there is a little bit of a romantic connection between Tamara and Heracles, especially from Heracles’ point of view. No one ever believed in him in his actual life but Tamara shows that she actually has confidence in his ability to succeed in the real world - something no one else has done for him. Heracles was just using Tamara in the beginning to get what he thought he wanted but in the end he definitely felt a romantic connection towards her.

The Caprica Times: What did you find most intriguing about the New Cap City game?

Richard Harmon: The most intriguing thing about the game to me would probably be simply it’s realistic qualities - it’s life with no regrets… unless you get shot by fighter jets, you may regret that. (...)

The Caprica Times: What was the most memorable thing that happened while on set?

Richard Harmon: Hmm, most memorable thing to happen on set.. There is just too much stuff to choose from! I definitely enjoyed all the explosions that we got to do between the two episodes. I had never really done anything as physical as caprica before - it was incredible! I could go on forever about how amazing everyone who works on Caprica is. It was absolutely one of the friendliest sets I have ever had the great pleasure of working on! No matter how hectic everything got everyone somehow was able to rally together and keep smiles on their faces which kept a smile on mine. Working with such amazing Directors like Michael Nankin and Wayne Rose made working on this very intimidating show an ease. They always made me feel like I was where I belonged and at the end of the day that made that made my stay on this show incredibly memorable. -- The Caprica Times


iF Magazine has an interview with Magda Apanowicz.

iF: And Lacy is a student of the teacher Sister Clarice, played by Polly Walker? Both characters secretly believe in a single god in their culture that believes in many gods, but they seem to have different points of view.

APANOWICZ: Yes. It’s so amazing to work with [Walker]. With Lacy’s character, you start to see that Lacy is kind of reading between the lines with Sister Clarice and is not sure if she’s on the same page, and you slowly start to see if she goes with Clarice or if she takes her own path.

iF: Is it more fun to play the teacher/student relationship or the Zoe/Lacy friendship?

APANOWICZ: I think both are good. I like it that I have both to play with. Also the same thing with Eric [Stoltz, who plays Zoe’s scientist father Daniel Graystone] – he’s the adult and he’s more in control in scenes, and so is Polly’s character, and then with Alessandra, we’re more on the same level and I get a good mix of it. It’s definitely nice to have someone my own age occasionally, just someone to relate to what I’m going through, but I also really, really relate to people that are older.

iF: Who do you go to on the CAPRICA staff when you have questions about your character?

APANOWICZ: Probably Jane Espenson and Kevin Murphy. Those two, and Ron Moore, even David Eick. If I ever have any questions or confusions, all four of those people, if I have any questions, I go to those people and they totally give me what I need. -- iF Magazine

TV Guide has a video interview with Alessandra Torresani here.

And Sci Fi Talk uploaded interviews with Alessandra Torresani, Magda Apanowicz, Sasha Roiz and Esai Morales from the red carpet at The Paley Center. You can listen to them here.

No comments: