Monday 23 January 2012

Michael Eklund in Alcatraz, Hart of Dixie returns, new interview with Scott Porter, and new Arctic Air webisode

Hart of Dixie returns tonight at 9 pm on the CW. Zap2it has a new interview with Scott Porter. He talks about football and wanting Tim Tebow to play his brother on the show. Snippet:
On Friday, Jan. 20, between takes at the exterior set for the Rammer Jammer Restaurant on the Warner Bros. lot in Burbank, Calif., Porter laughs when he's asked if it's a cruel irony that his character's girl has her eye on a football player -- mirroring the situation on his earlier show, "Friday Night Lights," in which the fiancee of his character, paralyzed former top high-school quarterback Jason Street, cheated on him with his best friend and former Dillon Panthers teammate, Tim Riggins (Taylor Kitsch).

"It is!" he says. "At least it's not another best-friend fullback, taking my girl."

Although Porter's real-life high-school interests tended more towards theater than the gridiron, he is a football fan, specifically of the NFL's Denver Broncos.

But he had mixed feelings when his favorite team drafted the 2007 Heisman Trophy winner and high-profile Florida Gators QB, Tim Tebow, who later became the Broncos' starting quarterback.

"I did not like it when he got drafted," Porter says. "I just didn't think it was the right choice, the right time."
Michael Eklund guest stars in Alcatraz tonight (9 pm, Fox). He did another interview with The Divide co-star Michael Biehn for the Movie Moxie podcast. You can listen to it here. A couple of snippets from the transcript:
Sarah Gopaul: So looking at your IMDb page, you’ve been in about 100 titles between TV and movies; so I was wondering how you go about choosing which roles you play.
Michael Eklund: I’m going to be honest; I’m the kind of actor that doesn’t choose his roles. If I get hired, I do the job. But what I do is I try and play the role in a way that I haven’t played before that role before. If I’m playing something where I’ve re-visiting something similar, then I try to attack it and approach it in a different way. But I’ve never said no to a job. Maybe that’s why I have so many credits, because I’ll do anything

Shannon: And what drew you to this particular project?
Michael Eklund: I remember reading the script and obviously I read it and thought this is going to be interesting. And then I found out we would be shooting in chronological order. And then I found out that Xavier Gens was directing it. And then I heard some of the cast members who were attached, like Michael Biehn, and I said “Sign me up!” But then I had to actually audition for the role and get the job, and I did that. And then by luck Xavier watched my audition and liked it, so I was very fortunate to meet him and we discussed the script some more. I had things I wanted to bring to it and he had things that he wanted to bring to it and then the collaborative process started. And that’s how it started and ended; it was a big collaboration from beginning to end.
A new Arctic Air webisode, Man of the North 1x02, "Who Couldn't Use a Little Meat?" has been posted on CBC's site. Carmen Moore is in it.



The teaser for Alcatraz:



And a preview of tonight's episode of Hart of Dixie, "Hell's Belles:"

No comments: