Friday 13 June 2008

Caprica - different mood, different flavour, different concept, says Moore

The screening of the Battlestar Galactica mid-season finale, Revelations, was held at the Arclight Cinemarama Dome in Hollywood the other day, with Ron Moore, Mary McDonnell, Katee Sackhoff and Tricia Helfer in attendance.

After the screening they were taking questions from fans and someone asked what the status was on Caprica. This is what they said:

Ron Moore: Not only is it in the works, they're shooting it as we speak. Caprica is being shot in Vancouver right now. Jeff Reiner is directing it. He's one of the directors on Friday Night Lights. Dailies look great. I was up on the set last week. It's very cool, the cast is tremendous, Eric Stoltz and Esai Morales headline the cast. We have high hopes for it. It's a two-hour back-door pilot. We have great hopes that it goes to series and it's a very different piece. It's not this show. It's a different mood, it's a different flavor, it's a completely different concept for a series that lives within the same Galactica universe and we'll just see what happens.

Mary McDonnell: I snuck out of Battlestar the other day, in my nightgown with my IV and I went over to watch Caprica. I, first of all, scared them, because they didn't know who I was, this mad woman with a nightgown and an IV and then they said, 'Mary!' I sat there and watched and it was absolutely thrilling. They were beautiful and adorable and it was startling to watch. I just wanted to share that because we all feel, I don't know, we all feel paternal.

Katee Sackhoff: I was just going to say that they all kind of treat us like their parents. It's very interesting.

The Galactica cast and crew are currently filming the final episodes of season four in Vancouver and the Caprica set is reportedly just around the corner.

For a transcript of the chat (minus Revelations spoilers), go to MovieWeb.

Revelations airs this evening at 10 (Eastern) on the Sci Fi Channel. If you're in the U.S. you can catch the episode on the Sci Fi website in the course of the day.

No comments: